I am delighted to inform that your new Board conducted its first meeting in the second week of December after the recent AGM and Director elections. The four newly elected Directors of Des Arnolda, Lance Blackbeard, Grant Cummin and Malcolm Thomson were welcomed enthusiastically. Their individual experience and expertise will add to the current skill set of the Board and its diversity. Additionally, their fresh perspective will robustly test existing plans and strategies to ensure they are best placed to continue to deliver Club success.
I am pleased to inform that Matt Van Rensburg and Paul Ferrari have been appointed as Deputy Chairpersons for Club and Holdings respectively.
The new Board, with its united enthusiasm for the Club, is looking forward to the New Year and the challenges ahead. Its attention will be focused on, but not limited to:
- finalising the Roads Transfer Proposal;
- review of the direct voting system to streamline this process;
- continuing the review of the golf membership models;
- improvements in the hospitality operations, including upgrading the restaurant and members bar facilities and ongoing changes to the menus;
- reviewing plans for expansion of facilities and services which will be key to maintaining and improving the value proposition to both resident and golf members.
On behalf of the Board and management of the Club I’d like to thank members for their support throughout 2018 and importantly their patronage which is crucial in sustaining the quality and breadth of services provided. The Club looks forward to serving you over the festive season and making your leisure and recreational time as enjoyable as possible.
On behalf of all Directors I wish all members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.