The health and wellbeing of our members, visitors and employees is of upmost importance to the family at Sandhurst.
With the recent and intensifying developments of the COVID-19 virus we are monitoring recommendations from the Department of Health extremely closely and we have already been implementing measures such as:
- Greater access to hand sanitisers
- Increased and more frequent cleaning in high-volume areas
- Increased seating distances in the restaurant and bar areas
- Staff refraining from personal contact greetings eg. handshakes
If you have recently returned from overseas, you are now required by law to self-isolate for 14 days, this includes not visiting the Club facilities in any way. We also ask that if you are experiencing any cold and flu-like symptoms to please refrain from visiting the Club. Your assistance with reporting any confirmed cases who have visited the Club is appreciated to aid us in implementing action plans to protect our community.
We are open for business and the majority of members can continue to play golf, dine in the restaurant and use our facilities, we just ask that you exhibit a heightened awareness of personal hygiene as has been encouraged by the Department of Health.
As we continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis, and given its rapidly changing nature, future measures may also need to be implemented as deemed necessary to assist in social distancing. These may include:
- Reduction of Clubhouse and hospitality trading hours
- Postponement of junior sports programs
- Postponement or cancellation of functions and events attracting a high number of attendees
- Consider restricting attendees to the Health Club at any one point in time
We understand this is a stressful time for everyone and we are all navigating through this unprecedented situation together. We will continue to take necessary measures so that you can continue to support and enjoy the Club where possible.
Stay safe, stay healthy.
Lance Blackbeard (Chairman) and Julian Murray (CEO)