The Thompsons Road Upgrade team has removed the level crossing near Merinda Park Station and is now adding more lanes on Thompsons Road between Dandenong-Frankston Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road (Clyde Road).
What we’ll do and when
On Sunday night 23 September 2018, we’ll be switching on the new traffic lights at Western Port Highway. At the same time, we’ll divert all traffic onto the new lanes on the northern side of Thompsons Road between Dandenong-Frankston Road and Lyndhurst Boulevard. This will allow us to start work on the southern side of Thompsons Road.
From 24 September to 21 December 2018, we’ll close a small section of McCormicks Road near the Thompsons Road intersection. This is to prepare for upgrading this intersection to traffic lights.
How works may affect you
To carry out these works safely at McCormicks Road, we will:
- detour traffic via Wedge Road or Hall Road. Click here for a detour map
- have clear signage to guide you along the new route
- set the speed limit to 60km/h between Dandenong-Frankston Road and Lyndhurst Boulevard
- maintain access to properties and local businesses at all times
- make small route changes to the 833 bus so minor delays can be expected. Click here for details
- monitor noise, dust and vibration levels at all times.
Plan your journey
Keep up to date with real time traffic and public transport disruptions by visiting bigbuild.vic.gov.au.