At Sandhurst Club, we recognise that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’) and the National Privacy Principles (‘NPP’s’) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
In this policy references to ‘Sandhurst’ include Sandhurst Club Limited, Sandhurst Holdings (Australia) Limited and their related bodies corporate.
Types of information collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, address, other contact details, date of birth, email address, credit card or bank account details and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Purpose of collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- processing an application you have made;
- acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- undertaking various activities required by law;
- providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with promotional information about us, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
METHODS OF COLLECTION
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
When you access our website or engage with us on social media, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP (Internet Protocol) address and we may record geographical tagging and statistical data from your activity online.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected. We may however disclose personal information about you to:
- Other service providers, who provide the various services you have requested and we have arranged; or
- Related entities for the purpose of advising you of special offers and promotions; or
- Corporate partners, business associates and other organisations we have strategic business affiliations or alliances with for the purposes of marketing their products and services to you where we consider these products and services may be of interest to you; or
- Other carefully screened third parties whose products and services we consider may be of interest to you; or
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We only work with third parties who respect the security of your personal information and treat it in accordance with the law.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will endeavour to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request.
We may decline a request for access to personal information where the Privacy Act requires us to do so. If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
FEEDBACK, COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS
75 Sandhurst Boulevard
Sandhurst VIC 3977 Australia
P: 03 8787 7011